What is Paint Protection Film and why do I need it?
Paint protection film, or "clear bra" as it is sometimes known, is one of the best ways to preserve the showroom quality finish on your vehicle. The tough, durable, virtually invisible urethane film will keep your vehicle looking newer longer, without changing the design features or color, by creating a barrier and protecting vulnerable areas such as front bumpers, hoods, side mirrors, door handle cavities, door edges, rocker panels, and rear fender panels. Preserving the finish of your vehicle with paint protection film (PPF) keeps your vehicle looking newer longer, and can enhance the resale value of your vehicle in the future.
How does SunTek compare to other paint protection films on the market today?
- Exceptional clarity: SunTek has NO orange peel, making it one of the clearest films in the industry and virtually invisible on the vehicle.
- Unrivaled stain and scratch resistance: The revolutionary clear coat technology produces exceptional stain and scratch resistance, making it easier to clean and harder to scratch, ensuring that it keeps the vehicle looking newer, longer.
- Self healing properties: Innovative technology allows minor scratches to disappear by themselves, keeping the film and your vehicle finish looking new.
- Excellent durability: SunTek has superior resistance to yellowing and cracking, ensuring that your vehicle finish retains the showroom quality, color and design features.
- Maintenance Free: SunTek film does not require any special maintenance to keep it looking great. You can wash and wax your car as you would normally.
Where can I put Paint Protection Film on my vehicle?
Paint Protection Film can be professionally installed anywhere you want to protect your vehicle finish from scratches, chips, stains and other damaging elements.
- Rocker panels from sand and stones kicked up by tires
- Trunk ledges from golf clubs, luggage and strollers
- Hoods, bumpers and mirror backs from flying gravel, bug acids and tar
- Door handle cavities and door edges from rings, keys, belt buckles and purses
- Full hoods, trunks and roofs from bird droppings and tree sap
What is the warranty for SunTek Ultra ?
Our comprehensive warranty for SunTek Ultra film is 10 years from the date of purchase, and includes coverage against defects, yellowing, bubbling and cracking.
What is the pricing for Paint Protection Film Installation?
Is Paint protection Film removable?
Yes. The film is intended to be permanent, but can be removed without damage to the finish. Clear Bra Ohio recommends that you visit a Certified installer to have the film removed properly.
Can Paint Protection Film be applied over a vehicle that has had the paint touched up?
Clear Bra Ohio recommends that any repainted surfaces on your vehicle be professionally painted and fully cured before applying Paint Protection film. If you have touched up scratches or chips with a tube of "touch-up" paint and then apply SunTek Ultra film over it, the film will protect that area until it is removed. If the Scotchgard film is removed, it is possible that the area around the non-professional touch-up paint could peel off.
Can Paint Protection Film be applied over a newly painted vehicle?
The paint on a newly painted vehicle must be fully cured according to paint manufacturer's recommendations before installing Paint Protection film, usually 30-90 days. Your body shop should be able to provide you with this information.
Will Paint Protection Film change the color of my paint when I remove it?
Paint Protection film will not affect the color of the paint. Because the paint has been protected, the main difference will be gloss level. The gloss retention is better where the paint has been protected.
How is Paint Protection Film maintained?
Once applied, refrain from washing the vehicle in an automated car wash for 72 hours. Washing after that time presents no problem, and regular waxing helps maintain the beauty of SunTek Ultra.
Can I use wax over Paint Protection Film?
Yes. Clear Bra Ohio recommends you wax your vehicle with Opti Seal. If wax or dirt builds up along the film edges, use a Microfiber Detail Cloth to remove it. Do not use any waxes containing dyes or certain wax that are not recommended for urethanes. Abrasive polishes and/or rubbing compounds are not to be used.